The Riverside Center for Innovation (RCI) is pleased to offer FREE training classes for Veterans and their spourses in Southwestern Pennsylvania. If you are interested in starting your own small business, then the Veterans Entrepreneur Boot Camp Program is for you! The Program is a 13 to 15 week training session designed to teach you all the basic, intermediate and advanced topics needed to create a successful new business.
Participants will learn:
- Successful Entrepreneurial Characteristics
- Components of Starting a Business
- Writing a "Finance-able" Business Plan
- Business Plan Do's and Don'ts
- Developing a Marketing Plan and Strategy
- E-commerce and Website Development
- Credit Recovery and Restoration
- ABC's of Small Business Lending
- Financial Management
- Legal and Organizational Issues
- Record Keeping and Business Taxes
- Government Contracting Opportunities
- Human Resources and Personnel Issues
Instruction will be provided by skilled professionals, including:
- Riverside Center for Innovation Staff
- Business Consultants
- Guest speakers, specializing in areas of interest to each participant
In addition to this quality instruction, participants will be provided with:
Classes will be held in our state-of-the-art conference room and computer lab. Participants will have access to the Riverside Business Resource Center, high-speed Internet, business counselors, and much more. Recruits will be required to take an assessment test which will determine suitability for owning and operating a business. To secure a certificate of completion, participants must complete a minimum of 44.5 hours of classroom instruction within the 13-week session.
- Mentoring by some of the fifty small businesses who are clients and tenants at the Riverside Center for Innovation
Space is limited to 15 people. You can register online or request an application by mail:
Riverside Center for Innovation
700 River Avenue Ste. 531
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
For more information contact RCI:
MISSION: To be a comprehensive opportunity resource center for businesses and communities in western Pennsylvania with unique tools to foster the creation of new enterprises, the rapid commercialization of innovations, and the expansion of existing businesses.
This pilot program is being funded in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Labor, Education and Training Administration and U.S. Small Business Administration. Thank you for the support
of U.S. Senator Robert Casey and U.S. Representative Arlen Specter and U.S. Congressman Mike
Space is limited to 15 people! Apply online and get the help you need to start your business.